Pages Menu Bar


Sunday, October 10, 2010

Which is worst..insecurity or Envy?and whats the difference?

insecurity and envy; I'll put my two cents on the matter.

Insecurity is something which is not necessarily bad I believe. As a part of growing up, there are so many things about ourselves, both physically and emotionally that we are not necessarily proud of. Say for example, I feel like too skinny, so that is one thing that I feel insecure about... Or say I have no job now, that sorts of make me feel bad now, like it is affecting my confidence di ba. But eventually, as a part of the growing OLD process, our insecurities are something which we can work up on.

On the other hand, envy is a bad thing... You know the term, "keeping up with the Joneses". It means that when you see something which others have, you tend to overlook the fact that they had that thing because they worked hard for it. It means that you also feel the need to have it... in one way or another. Envy is bad because essentially, you are having the bad thoughts, selfish thoughts that is. Envy is focused more on MATERIAL things i think, so we just need to train our values and we should reassess our lives as to what it is, say materially, would really make us happy.

Envy is more rooted on comparing our lives to others I think, hence, that term keeping up with joneses. But as was written on the book di ba... if you don't like the culture, don't buy it. Really, I really feel like people here sa tin are so stuck with material things, material goods, SM, SM.

1 comment:

  1. I guess its like....

    Its ok to be insecure..atleast i just feel bad about my self..but not feel bad about others...which is envy

    ReplyDelete